If you are interested in an interior design or project management career at Warner Design Associates, please see our job openings below!
A San Mateo commercial interior design firm specializing in the senior living market is seeking a full-time interior designer with 1 to 3 years of professional experience with an interest in new construction and renovations of senior living communities. We are searching for a designer with a genuine interest in senior living with a firm offering personal career growth and advancement. The Principals and senior designers will be actively involved in your mentoring on a daily basis with the intention to bring you up to speed to manage your own projects. We work hard to meet our client’s expectations and deadlines, but like to have lots of fun too.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Primary contact with Principals, design team members, vendors and clients.
- Assisting with updating architectural backgrounds, selection of interior finishes, furnishings packages, window coverings and helping to maintain the library.
- Communication and coordination with the architectural team, clients and construction team.
- Must be team oriented, energetic, a multi-tasker, outgoing, articulate, flexible, productive and able to communicate with our team members, vendors and clients on a professional level.
- Possible travel for jobsite visits and furniture installations.
- A degree in interior design with a minimum of 1-year work experience or commercial design internship.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and MS Office skills while maintaining office production standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Knowledgeable in selecting and specifying all interior finishes, furnishings, and window coverings package.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, detail minded and professional.
- Position requires strong written and oral communications skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to follow through and see the big picture.
- Ability to work individually with minimal direction as well as collaborate with design team members at all levels.
- Project management skills a plus
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the design for senior living communities and how you can contribute to the firm’s success along with your resume. Your resume will not be considered without a cover letter. Please note, we are not looking for an architectural renderer.
Project Manager (Office Administration)
Warner Design Associates, a San Mateo, California based design firm is looking for a new team member to help with a variety of support tasks for a commercial interior design company that specializes in senior living communities. The position can be best described as interesting every day with a variety of different tasks that includes procurement, marketing, interior designer support and light accounting.
- Work with team on specifications, proposals, and purchase orders
- Interface with clients, vendors and contractors.
- Have strong work ethic
- Goal oriented & efficient
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent management skills
- Fast learner and problem solver
- Demonstrated history of attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with QuickBooks, Filemaker and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Minimum 2 years in an office setting
- Procurement experience preferred but not required
- Full-time position
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and expertise
- Send a brief cover letter and résumé with brief description of your goals and what would make you a good fit
- Salary history and desired range
MUST OWN RELIABLE CAR, VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVERS LICENSE AND EVIDENCE OF INSURANCE.