Careers at Warner Design Associates
If you are interested in an interior design or project management career at Warner Design Associates, please see our job openings below!
A San Mateo commercial interior design firm specializing in the senior living market is seeking a full-time interior designer with 1 to 3 years of professional experience with an interest in new construction and renovations of senior living communities. We are searching for a designer with a genuine interest in senior living with a firm offering personal career growth and advancement. The Principals and senior designers will be actively involved in your mentoring on a daily basis with the intention to bring you up to speed to manage your own projects. We work hard to meet our client’s expectations and deadlines, but like to have lots of fun too.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Primary contact with Principals, design team members, vendors and clients.
- Assisting with updating architectural backgrounds, selection of interior finishes, furnishings packages, window coverings and helping to maintain the library.
- Communication and coordination with the architectural team, clients and construction team.
- Must be team oriented, energetic, a multi-tasker, outgoing, articulate, flexible, productive and able to communicate with our team members, vendors and clients on a professional level.
- Possible travel for jobsite visits and furniture installations.
- A degree in interior design with a minimum of 1-year work experience or commercial design internship.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and MS Office skills while maintaining office production standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Knowledgeable in selecting and specifying all interior finishes, furnishings, and window coverings package.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, detail minded and professional.
- Position requires strong written and oral communications skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to follow through and see the big picture.
- Ability to work individually with minimal direction as well as collaborate with design team members at all levels.
- Project management skills a plus
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the design for senior living communities and how you can contribute to the firm’s success along with your resume. Your resume will not be considered without a cover letter. Please note, we are not looking for an architectural renderer.